BIOSUIS PRRS live
For active immunization of clinically healthy pigs from 2 weeks of age in the environment contaminated with the European type of PRRS virus.
Lyophilisate and solvent for suspension for injection for pigs
1 x 5 doses, 5 x 5 doses, 1 x 25 doses
- Live attenuated vaccine for active immunization against the European type of virus in:piglets from 2 weeks of age against respiratory manifestations of occurred lung lesions
- sows and gilts to reduce viremia and transplacental infections
- Onset of immunity up to the protective level - within 4 weeks after vaccination.
- Duration of immunity:
- Fattening pigs - duration of immunity for 6 months. Vaccination of two-week-old piglets has been shown to significantly reduce occurrence of lung lesions after the challenge test performed 180 days after vaccination
- Sows and gilts - duration of immunity for 16 weeks. Minimizes negative impacts on reproductive performance
- Absolutely safe profile of use even in lactating sows. It does not reduce milk production, when used during lactation
- No withdrawal periods
PRRS virus, live attenuated, strain BIO 60 - EU (min. 103,4 TCID50–max. 106,8 TCID50) + solvent
- Low vaccination dose – 2 ml
- Vaccination intramuscularly behind the ear, leading to in excellent resorption
- A single dose is given to pigs from 2 weeks of age
- Pigs for fattening: one vaccine dose is sufficient to protect them until slaughter
- Breeding pigs: (re)vaccination is recommended in gilts 4 weeks before mating. To achieve a uniform level of protection, revaccination at regular intervals is recommended, either before each subsequent pregnancy or for the whole period of keeping every 16 weeks
- New, PRRS virus-free animals brought to the farm (e.g. gilts from PRRS-negative farms) should be vaccinated before conception
You can read more about this medicinal product in the package leaflet.