Borrelym 3 - new unique vaccine
Borrelym 3 is the unique vaccine against Lyme disease. This vaccine contains three strains: Borrelia burgdorferi sensu stricto, Borrelia garinii, Borrelia afzelii.
Company Bioveta, a. s. has made a new unique inactivated vaccine against Lyme disease in dogs. The injection suspension Borrelym 3 contains three strains Borrelia burgdorferi sensu stricto, Borrelia garinii and Borrelia afzelii.
- for active immunisation of dogs against Lyme disease from the 12th week of age for the purpose of prevention of infection
- onset of immunity: immunity is fully developed 1 month after revaccination
- duration of immunity: 12 months after prime immunization
STATEMENT OF THE ACTIVE SUBSTANCE(S) AND OTHER INGREDIENT(S)
Composition 1 mL:
- Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato inactivata
- Borrelia garinii RP ³ 1 *
- Borrelia afzelii RP ³ 1 *
- Borrelia burgdorferi sensu stricto RP ³ 1 *
* relative potency (RP) in comparison with the reference serum collected from animals vaccinated with the batch that complied in the challenge test on target animal species
Adjuvant: Hydrated aluminium hydroxide 2% 0.2 ml
Pinkish up to white fluid containing white sediment that disperses easily when the content is shaken
For active immunisation of dogs against Lyme disease from the 12th week of age for the purpose of prevention of infection.
Onset of immunity: immunity is fully developed 1 month after revaccination
Duration of immunity: 12 months after prime immunization
DOSAGE FOR EACH SPECIES, ROUTE(S) AND METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
Dosage - 1 ml regardless of age, weight and breed of the individual; but at the earliest in the 12th week of animal age.
Administration method: dog - subcutaneously, best in the region behind the shoulder blade.
Revaccination within a period of 14 - 21 days should be performed in the case of primovaccination. Annual revaccination is recommended in order to maintain permanent immunity. The best period for immunisation is before the occurrence of ticks, i.e. in November to March.
ADVICE ON CORRECT ADMINISTRATION
The content of the vial has to be shaken prior to use.
SPECIAL STORAGE PRECAUTIONS
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Store in a refrigerator (2 °C – 8 °C).
Pharmacotherapeutic group: 97 Veterinaria immunopraeparata, ATCvet cod: QI07AB04
For stimulation of active immunity against Lyme disease.
Shelf life of the veterinary medicinal product in intact package: 2 years.
Plastic box with a cover with 10 wells:
10 x 1 ml vaccine
2 x 1 ml vaccine