EQUISTRONG 400 mg/g oral paste for horses
The only broad-spectrum anthelminticum for horses on the Czech market containing Pyranteli embonas as the active substance.
- An oral light-yellow paste for suppression and treatment of infections caused by adults of small and big strongylidae, pinworms, roundworms, and tapeworms in horses
- 1 g of paste contains Pyranteli embonas 400 mg
- The content of one applicator is intended for treatment of a horse of 600 kg in weight
- Very efficient against horse tapeworm Anoplocephala perfoliata and small strongylidae resistant to Fenbendazole and Ivermectin
- The paste can be applied to studhorses, mares in foal and lactating mares, and foals at the age from four weeks
- Optimum for rotation of preparations within de-worming schemes
- Packing: 1 applicator 28.5 g; 10 applicators 28.5 g each
THE CONTENT OF ACTIVE AND OTHER SUBSTANCES
1 g of paste contains: Active substance: Pyranteli embonas 400 mg;
Excipient: Butylhydroxytoluen (E321) 0.2 mg
Light-yellow oral paste.
INDICATION: Suppression and treatment of infections caused by adults of small and big strongylidae, pinworms, roundworms, and tapeworms in horses.
Pyrantel-embonate is a broad-spectrum anthelminticum with the following range of action:
Big strongylidae: Strongylus vulgaris, S. edentatus, S. equinus
Small strongylidae: Trichonema spp. (Cyathostomes), Triodontophorus spp.
Pinworms: Oxyuris equi
Roundworms: Parascaris equorum
Tapeworms: Anoplocephala perfoliata
CONTRAINDICATION: Do not use in foals younger than 4 weeks. Do not use in significantly weak animals. Do not use in the case of sensitization to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
ADVERSE EFFECTS: Pyrantel-embonate is safe for horses from 4 weeks of age including lactated young ones, mare in foal, and studhorses. When treating foals attacked by a large amount of roundworms (Parascaris equorum), bowel impaction may happen and symptoms (colic) may appear as early as 30 minutes after administering the preparation.
TARGET ANIMAL SPECIES: Horses.
DOSAGE FOR EACH SPECIES, PATH(S) AND ROUTE OF ADMINISTRATION: Oral administration.
One applicator contains 11.4 g of pyrantel-embonate in 28.5 g of paste.
Suppression and treatment of strongylodasis, oxyuriasis and parascariasis:
Recommended dose: 19 mg of pyrantel-embonate per kg live weight, which corresponds to 4.75 g of paste per 100 kg live weight.
One division mark corresponds to a dose per 100 kg horse live weight.
- Foals (1 to 8 months old): 1 dose (4.75 g of paste) per 100 kg live weight every 4 weeks.
- Horses (older than 8 months): 1 dose (4.75 g of paste) per 100 kg live weight every 6-8 weeks. In the grazing season, the dose is administered every 4-6 weeks. When transferring horses to pasture after winterizing, always administer 1 dose of pase 3-4 days before releasing to pasture.
- Lactating mares: It has been proven that a reduction in infestation by strongylidae in suckling foals during grazing season may be achieved by using “clean” pastures (transferring horses or not grazing by horses in the previous year), by administering the preparation to lactating mares 3-4 days before transferring and then repeatedly at an interval of 2-4 weeks until the end of autumn. It is ideal to release mares with foals to “clean” pastures or, if this is not possible, to postpone transferring them until June.
Suppression and treatment of anoplocephalosis:
Recommended dose: 38 mg of pyrantel-embonate per kg live weight, which corresponds to 9.5 g of paste per 100 kg live weight.
Two division marks correspond to a dose per 100 kg horse live weight.
If necessary repeat application after 6 weeks.
DIRECTIONS FOR THE CORRECT ADMINISTRATION: Before starting treatment, it is necessary to determine the animal’s weight as accurately as possible. The applicator must be adjusted to the calculated dose by setting the ring to the appropriate mark on the piston.
Hold the syringe piston, move the serrated dosing ring by screwing so that the bottom edge of the ring is flush with the mark of the required weight. Make sure that the horse does not have any feed residues in its mouth. Remove the applicator cap, insert it in the horse’s mouth in the interdental area and apply the paste on the tongue root. After application, immediately lift the horse’s head for a few seconds and make sure that the horse has swallowed the dose.
WITHDRAWAL PERIOD: Do not use in horses whose milk and flesh are designated for human consumption.
SPECIAL MEASURES FOR STORAGE: Keep out of the reach of children.
This veterinary medicinal product does not require any special temperature conditions for storage.
Store in a dry place. Do not use after expiration of the period of usability stated on the label and box.
Method of action: Pyrantel-embonate is a broad-spectrum anthelminticum falling to the group of tetrahydropyrimidine antheminticums. The mechanism of action of pyrantel consists in causing spastic paralysis. Pyrantel is a cholinergic agonist, it acts as an excitation neurotransmitter on nicotinergic receptors in the muscle cells of the parasite. The bond to receptors causes depolarization of neuromuscular links, which leads to musculature contraction (the state is similar to contraction after the action of acetylcholine) to development of spastic paralysis. The action of pyrantel does not kill the parasite; it is expelled alive from the host’s body.
Pyrantel-embonate has a broad spectrum of action. It includes activity against significant endoparasites in horses such as big and small strongylidae, pinworms, horse roundworms, and tapeworms.
Special measures for application with animals: The same applicator should be used for two different animals only if both animals are healthy and in a common walk or if they are in the same spaces and in direct contact.
For animals only. The veterinary medicinal product is only issued on prescription.
PACKING: 1 applicator 28.5 g, 10 applicators 28.5 g each