VITA E SELEN solution for injection
Homepage News News in assortment VITA E SELEN solution for injection
Prevention and therapy associated with the deficiency of vitamin E and selenium. High-quality form of selenium for parenteral administration (certified by the US FDA), with all parameters exceeding the quality of technical sodium selenite used on the Czech market so far.
- Injection solution of vitamin E (tocoferoli α acetas) and selenium (natrii selenis) is very effective for the deficiency of the trace element selenium and vitamin E in livestock (lambs, calves, young cattle, cows, piglets)
- Active against myopathies including muscular dystrophy in young livestock and exudative diathesis
- In adult animals it is used for supportive treatment of sterility without known aetiology, prophylaxis of embryonic mortality and foetus development disorders
OTHER IMPORTANT PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Beneficial effect of the product was proved also when applied in the last month of pregnancy, as an effective prevention of placental retention in cows and heifers after birth
- Following intramuscular administration there is a fast absorption from the site of injection with subsequent broad organ distribution, and selenium also passes through the placenta to the developing foetus
- Selenium is essential as antioxidant for the body, thus supplementing the protective effect of vitamin E
- Package: 50 ml, 100 ml
1 ml of slightly opalescent injection solution contains: Active substances: Tocoferoli alpha acetas 25 mg, Natrii selenis 2,2 mg (corresponds to 1 mg selenium). Excipients: Benzyl alcohol (E1519) 20 mg, Disodium edetate dihydrate 0.20 mg
Prevention and therapy of diseases associated with the deficiency of vitamin E and selenium, in particular muscular dystrophy in young livestock; beneficial effect on the reproduction of cows.
TARGET ANIMAL SPECIES:
Lambs, calves, young cattle, cows, piglets.
Single intramuscular administration to the neck.
Lambs up to 3 weeks of age:
Preventive dose 1 ml pro toto
Therapeutic dose 2 ml pro toto
Lambs over 3 weeks of age:
Preventive dose 2 ml pro toto
Therapeutic dose 4 ml pro toto
Calves, young cattle:
Preventive dose 10 ml/100 kg bw
Therapeutic dose 20 ml/100 kg bw
Preventive dose 1 ml/ 10 kg bw
Therapeutic dose 2 ml/ 10 kg bw
Cows (3 weeks before calving):
20 ml pro toto
General dose for young livestock (lamb, calf, young cattle, piglet):
prophylactically 0.1 ml of the product/kg bw, i.e. 2.5 mg of vitamin E and 0.22 mg of sodium selenite, therapeutically 0.2 ml of the product/kg bw, i.e. 5 mg of vitamin E and 0.44 mg of sodium selenite.
General dose for a cow:
0.04 ml of the product/kg bw, i.e. 1 mg of vitamin E and 0.088 mg of selenite. Large injection volumes should be injected into several sites.
Meat: 30 days. Milk: No withdrawal periods.
Keep out of the reach of children. Store at temperatures below 25 °C. Do not freeze. Protect from light. Shelf-life after first opening the immediate packaging: 28 days.
Prior therapy should be checked before the administration (preparations containing selenium, feed ration supplements, licks containing selenium etc.) to avoid the accumulation of selenium. Mass application should be preceded with a tolerance test in 20% of animals of the herd. The observation period is 24 hours.
Use during pregnancy/lactation: The product can be administered during pregnancy or lactation.
Simultaneous administration of selenium and amino acids (Met, Cys, L-Lys), vitamin C and vitamin E has a protective effect.
Overdose (symptoms, emergency procedures, antidotes): Due to the potential risk of selenium toxicity, the exact dosage should be followed. No specific antidote has been determined.
In case of allergic reactions, an antihistamine or an injectable calcium product should be applied.
To be supplied only on veterinary prescription.