Biocan LR, suspension for injection
Vaccine against leptospirosis and rabies in dogs inactivated
|type of preparative:||Vaccines|
|target species animals:||Dog|
Composition - 1 ml:
Virus rabiei inactivated min. 2 IU
Leptospira icterohaemorrhagiae inact. min. 1 x 107,0
Leptospira canicola inact. min. 1 x 107,0
Leptospira grippotyphosa inact. min. 1 x 107,0
Nutrimentum ad cultivationem
Solution for injection
After the vaccination the specific antibodies against the antigenic determinants contained in the vaccine are formed. Immunity onset begins 14 days after the immunization and lasts for at least 12 months.
For the leptospirosis component, the revaccination shall be performed within 2 - 4 weeks; full immunity is reached 14 days after the revaccination. For both antigens, the single vaccination should be performed once a year to support immunity. The third dose of the vaccine Biocan L inj. ad us. vet. should be applied 6 months after the first immunization, particularly in dogs being often in open air in the risky endemic regions with high possibility of leptospirosis infection, if there is no possibility to eliminate animal´s contact with water (drinking, bathing).
For the active immunization of dogs against rabies and leptospira serovars contained in the vaccine.
The vaccine Biocan LR can be used separately or simultaneously with other vaccines Biocan:
- A) Vaccine Biocan LR can be used as a diluent for other lyophilised vaccines Biocan (e.g. Biocan DHPPi, DHP, DP, P).
- B) Vaccine Biocan LR can be used in combination as well with fluid vaccines Biocan C, Biocan B, Biocan M (or even with lyophilised vaccine Biocan DHPPi).
Total pyrexial disease. Animals that were in contact with or injured by the rabid animals shall not be vaccinated. Animals that bit or injured a human can be vaccinated only after the monitoring period elapsed.
Method of administration:
1 ml subcutaneously, irrespective of animal´s age, weight and breed.
- Primary vaccination performed at the age of 8 weeks.
- If necessary, puppies aged 8 weeks and above can be vaccinated with the vaccine Biocan L or Biocan LR (in case of rabies occurrence in environment). Revaccination should be then performed with the vaccine Biocan LR at the age of 12 weeks and then repeatedly once a year in order to keep permanent immunity.
- Primary vaccination performed at the age of 12 weeks and above.
- Animals should be vaccinated with the vaccine Biocan LR followed by the revaccination with the vaccine Biocan L performed at the interval of 14 - 28 days.
- Revaccination should be then performed with the vaccine Biocan LR once a year to keep permanent immunity against leptospirosis and rabies.
Undesirable effects frequency and seriousness:
- Local reaction (like a pea in size) can be formed in the vaccine application spot that will disappear on its own accord within 3 weeks.
- Hypersensitivity can occur only rarely.
The Biocan vaccine series as well allows special vaccination against following serious infectious diseases in dogs:
Lyme disease (Biocan B) for dogs of age 12 weeks and above, dermic fungal disease in dogs due to dermatophyte Microsporum canis (Biocan M plus) for dogs of age 8 weeks and above, tetanus (Biocan T) for dogs of age 12 weeks and above.
Shake well the container and heat up its content to temperature 15 - 25 °C before use.
Only clinically healthy animals in a good nutrition condition can be vaccinated. Possible anti-parasitic treatment should be carried out at least 10 days before the vaccination. The vaccinated animals should not be trained or exercised for one week after the vaccination.
Store in a dry and dark place at the temperature of 2 - 8 °C. Do not freeze! Do not use after the expiry date stated on the label.
10 x 1 dose
+420 517 318 598