KETOPROFEN Bioveta 100mg/ml
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug for cattle, pigs and horses.
|type of preparative:||Other products|
|target species animals:||Horse, Cattle, Pig|
1 ml contains:
Ketoprofenum – 100 mg.
Solution for injections.
Clear colourless solution.
Indication with specification for the target species of animals
- Anti-inflammatory and antipyretic treatment in case of respiratory infections in combination with appropriate antibiotic treatment, if necessary.
- Anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic treatment of mammary gland oedema and supportive treatment of acute clinical mastitis in combination with appropriate antibiotic treatment, if necessary.
- Anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic treatment in case of musculoskeletal diseases (e.g. supportive treatment of postpartum paresis, lameness, arthritis – supportive treatment, traumatic injuries, dystocia).
- Anti-inflammatory and analgesic treatment of inflammatory symptoms of the osteoarticular and musculoskeletal system – especially lameness of traumatic origin, osteoarthritis, arthrosis, osteitis, podotrochlosis, tendinitis, bursitis. laminitis, myositis, inflammation after surgery.
- Symptomatic treatment of colic. Symptomatic treatment of fe.
- Treatment of inflammatory processes – MMA syndrome (mastitis, metritis, agalactia), respiratory infections, in combination with appropriate antibiotic treatment, if necessary. Symptomatic treatment of fever.
Do not use in animals suffering from impaired hepatic, cardiac or renal function.
Do not use in animals with gastroduodenal ulcer, haemorrhagic syndromes and blood dyscrasias.
Do not administer concurrently with other NSAIDs, diuretics and anticoagulants.
Do not use in case of known hypersensitivity to the active substance.
Do not administer to pregnant mares.
Special precautions for use
Special precautions for use in animals:
It is not recommended to use the product in foals less than 15 days old. Use in the animals less than 6 weeks of age or older animals may present an additional risk. If such use cannot be prevented, dose reduction and increased care may be required. Do not use in dehydrated or low blood pressure animals, as there is the risk of increased renal toxicity.
Do not administer intraarterially. Do not exceed the stated doses and duration of treatment.
Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the veterinary medicinal product to the animals:
Avoid contact of the medicinal product with eyes and skin. In case of accidental contact, wash the affected place with water immediately.
In case of accidental self-injection, seek medical advice immediately and show the package leaflet or the label to the physician.
Wash your hands after using the medicinal product.
Like other NSAIDs, ketoprofen may induce individual gastrointestinal tract damage or renal intolerance due to its mechanism of action of inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis.
Use during pregnancy, lactation or lay
Pregnancy and lactation:
Laboratory tests did not show evidence of teratogenic or embryotoxic effects in rats and rabbits.
The medicinal product can be used during pregnancy and lactation in sows and cows. Do not use in pregnant mares.
Amounts to be administered and administration route
Cattle: 3 mg of active substance per 1 kg of body weight, daily for 1–3 consecutive days, deeply intramuscularly or intravenously, i.e. 3 ml of the medicinal product per 100 kg of body weight.
Horses: 2.2 mg of active substance per 1 kg of body weight, daily for 3–5 consecutive days, intravenous administration, i.e. 1 ml of the medicinal product per 45 kg of body weight.
Pigs: 3 mg of active substance per 1 kg of body weight, i.e. 3 ml of the medicinal product per 100 kg of body weight, intramuscularly.
Store at the temperature up to 25 °C.
Meat – after intramuscular administration: 4 days.
– after intravenous administration: 1 day.
Milk – no withdrawal periods.
Meat – 4 days.
Meat – 1 day.
Do not use in mares producing milk for human consumption.
Shelf life of the veterinary medicinal product in the intact package: 2 years.
Shelf life after first opening the primary packaging: 28 days.
+420 517 318 598